Wednesday 6 August 2008

Postel's Law

So far, I haven't really found a voice for this blog: I've been surprised how wary I've been to post here. My "friends-only" blog is full of my wittering and I suppose that's the crux of it. When I witter, I tend to reveal aspects of self that I'd rather not display to the wider world. And I'd cringe at the thought of people who know me, but don't know me well, making assumptions about me from my random stringing together of words on all sorts of silly topics.
I'm hopeful that I'll grow into this blog and think of things to discuss. In the meantime, I'm taking Postel's Law as my motto, having read it in an article today and immediately having seen its resonance for the internet and beyond:
“Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others.”

No comments: